Today reading is about faith without action is nothing. The main verse is taken from Hebrew but I actually learn another stuff from the supporting verse.
It is taken from Numbers 13:1 - 14:45.
It is about Moses sent out 12 tribe leaders to spy on Canaan. The 10 came back with dis-couraging news such as the people were powerful, the city were fortified and so on. Only 2 (Joshua and Caleb) had faith and said 'We should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it' (verse 30).
As I read further, the Israelites were gumbled againts Moses and Aaron and said that they were better off in Egypt. They have forgotten what God had done to them, the facts that God Himself led them from Egypt using the cloud and fire, provided the manna etc. I also read that the protest were so severe that the Isralites were thinking to stone Moses, Aaron, Joshua and Caled to dead. That when God showed Himself in the tent of meeting.
The interesting part I learned was that when God was so angry and wants to punish and destroy the whole nation and start over with 4 of them (verse 12), Moses defended Israel and ask for God forgiveness.
This is the act beyond my mind, few minutes ago the same nation had just threaten to stone him to dead. He also had been together with the same nation from Egypt and witnessed the rebellion, the arrogance, the stubborned and wicked act but he still has the patient with the people.
If I were Moses, I would have said to God something like this:
'Yes God, please punish them. These people are so ungrateful and wicked that they should have been punish long long time ago. Please punish them as harsh as possible. You see Mr. X, he said something very bad about you, you should punish him harder. And also Mr. Y, he is the one leading and spread all the bad rumour about you, Mr. Z, he is the one suggesting to stone us to dead. Oh Lord, please punish all of them I can't take it anymore, this nation is so wicked they should not even be save in the first place bla bla bla....'
But Moses didn't and he asked for God patient and forgiveness.
Refecting to my own situation, I need to learn more to be like Moses. Most of the time, in my daily work struggle, when I met difficult people, I always judge them and pray for punishment on them. When things got uglier and people start to see who to blame, instead of defending or asking for forgiveness, I happily join the judge team and happily add bad comment and fact so that the rest of the people knew and hate him or her more.
Jesus, thank you for the lesson and reminder that I'm not the judge. I should show more Godliness love to those people and more patient in my interaction.
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment